Innovative Practices 2013 on Employment
Building disability-smart business
|Name of Innovative Practice:||Business Disability Forum|
|Organisation:||Building disability-smart business|
Business Disability Forum enables private and public sector organisations to:
1) position disability as an opportunity to do with customer experience, talent, business improvement, productivity, brand reputation, civil & human rights, and investment in human potential
2) define, deliver and measure best practice against a recognised standard
3) overcome the obstacles which confront enterprises in any country seeking to deliver best practice for applicants, employees and customers
4) problem-solve via business-to-business collaboration such as its Technology Taskforce working to create a more accessible global ICT marketplace for everyone
5) encourage regulations which are credible to both businesses and people with disabilities, reflecting UN CRDP principles
Members of Business Disability Forum jointly fund a “not for profit”, expert resource which builds their capacity to deliver the business improvement which in turn delivers benefits to both business and society. Partner members invest £20,000 annually.
IMPLEMENTATION IN THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES
While UK-based, Business Disability Forum has a track record for enabling multinationals and stakeholders in countries such as Croatia, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Germany, Canada, South Africa, Russia, Hong Kong, and Australia. Its management guidance is translated into Mandarin, Maltese, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, and tailored for Canada, Australia and South Africa. Its standard is being piloted in Australia. It has advised emerging business disability networks in Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka, Vietnam and Moscow.
FURTHER INFORMATION AND READING
Click here to add your own text