Last updated: Wednesday, January 05, 2022
The protection of your privacy, including your personal data, is of greatest importance to the Zero Project. We therefore fully comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU)
1. Purpose of the Processing Operation
The Zero Project uses your contact data solely for the purpose of administration and to provide service to you. Your contact details allow the Zero Project to interact with you in order to achieve a world without barriers. To prevent fraudulent use, the Zero Project reserves the right to remove faux profiles.
We may obtain your personal information from a number of sources including:
- When it is publicly available. Your personal information may be available to us from external publicly available sources. This includes information available on government websites (e.g. European institutions such as EASPD) or non-Zero Project company or institutional websites.
2. Data Processed
We may collect, store, and otherwise process the following kinds of personal information:
- Your full name;
- Your email address;
- Your postal address;
- Your social media account information;
- Photos taken of you at Zero Project events;
- Quotes attributed and confirmed by you;
- Your telephone number;
- Any video footage you provide us with;
- And any other information you share directly with us such as your professional status and role.
Information collected from users of this site will be used only to the extent necessary for the purposes indicated below:
- To conduct email marketing;
- To post and host photo galleries of Zero Project events;
- To post and host videos of Zero Project events and its Awardees;
- To publish organization, award, and contact profiles on the Zero Project search portal;
- To draft and publish feature articles;
- To include in any shape or form in our publications;
- To allow us to review, evaluate and administer Awards, and other Zero Project programs;
- To register you for an event;
- To contact you for our advocacy purposes and to inform you of events or publications we think you may potentially be interested in;
- For research purposes so that we can identify key trends within the disability inclusion field.
The Zero Project website – zeroproject.org – uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies,” which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. Information generated by the cookie about your use of the website will usually be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. IP anonymizing is activated on this website, which means that your
3. Controller of the Processing Operation
The Controller determining the purpose and the means of the processing operation is the Zero Project, an entity of the Essl Foundation situated in Schottenring 16, 1010 Vienna, Austria. The VAT identification number of the Zero Project is: ATU 64 266 136
4. Recipients of the Data
The Zero Project addresses a wide variety of audiences and stakeholders; however, no personal data are provided either to private persons or institutions or to governmental institutions, without your explicit consent. Private data will only be disclosed with your consent or where required by law
5. Provision, Access, and Rectification of the Data
You have the right to access your personal data and the right to correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal data. You also have the right to request the removal of your personal data, which will be processed within three weeks after your request has been deemed legitimate.
If you have any queries concerning the processing of your personal data, you may address them to the Zero Project data controller: email@example.com. To expedite your request please use the following subject line “Data Request-[Insert Last Name].”
6. Legal Basis for the Processing Operation
The legal basis of the processing operation at stake is General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 of the European Union.
7. Time Limit for Storing Data
Your personal data are preserved as long as needed to serve the purpose for which they were gathered (see list of use cases in “2. Data Processed”), until such time as the data subject indicates she/he wants their data to be removed. In addition, should there be a change in the purpose for which the Zero Project has collected data, reauthorization forms will be sent to all the affected individuals.
If you have questions related to the protection of your personal data, you may contact the Zero Project data controller at: firstname.lastname@example.org
At any time, you have the right of recourse to the European Data Protection Supervisor at: email@example.com