Zero Project Scaling Solutions is an exclusive programme for shortlisted ZeroCall Innovators to transfer and advance their outstanding solution for persons with disabilities to new countries and regions. It is a joint effort by Essl Foundation, Fundación Descúbreme, GIZ, Atos, and Inclusive Creation to leverage the Zero Project's research into innovative and scalable solutions.
Following a careful selection process, 12 organizations have now joined the programme as so-called "Scaling Fellows". These visionary organizations share a common commitment to disability inclusion and are dedicated to making a meaningful impact in their respective fields Inclusive Education and ICT. Each Fellow brings a unique scalable innovation for a world with zero barriers:
- ADED Appui au Development de L'enfant en Detresse (DRC) - Improving learning opportunities through classroom modifications, teacher training, parents' teachers' associations, home-based education, and more
- CSIR Institute of Microbial Technology (India) - The Indian Sign Language Enabled Virtual Laboratory (ISLEVL)
- Hable One B.V. (Netherlands) - An external keyboard that enhances smartphone and tablet accessibility
- IN Dashboard (Paraguay) - Addressing the lack of disability inclusion data and policies
- Instituto de la Sordera (Chile) - Providing economically disadvantaged deaf students with free, quality education
- IRISBOND (Spain) - Eye-tracking device
- Jô Clemente Institute (Brazil) - Ensure access to regular education and success for individuals with intellectual disabilities and Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Okayama Broadcasting Co (Japan) - Sports in sign language on live broadcasting
- Reach & Match (Australia) - Educational system to boost early childhood learning
- Sensee World (United States) - Machine learning tech for instant print of textbooks and STEM material
- Save Our Needy Organisation (Nigeria) - ICT skills for women and girls
- The VLibras Suite (Brazil) - Addressing communication and information barriers for Deaf individuals by providing machine translation from Portuguese to Brazilian Sign Language (Libras)
What's next? The Zero Project Scaling Solutions Programme will kick-off next week with a series of workshops and presentations, providing tools and know-how related to scaling or replicating the Fellows' solutions to new countries or regions.