Featuring H.E. Ghada Waly of the United Nations Office in Vienna and UNODC
The Zero Project Conference 2023
#ZeroCon23 was a fantastic success!
From February 21st to 24th, 2023, the Zero Project Conference took place in Vienna's United Nations Office at Vienna, with a record number of over 1,000 participants. 71 innovations from 42 countries were awarded prizes. Over the span of three days, participants experienced over 150 internationally renowned speakers in over 90 sessions, all focused on sharing successfully implemented innovations.
Experience #ZeroCon23 here:
#ZeroCon23: February 22-24, 2023
The Zero Project Conference – an annual disability inclusion gathering at the United Nations Office at Vienna – brings together innovators and key decision makers from all sectors to foster partnerships, share new proven solutions, and support the international scaling of these solutions, all towards the mission for a world with zero barriers.
Independent Living & Political Participation, and ICT
The Zero Project Conference 2023 highlights new and innovative solutions from around the world centered around the theme of: Independent Living & Political Participation, and ICT.
These solutions are presented in the form of the Zero Project Awardees 2023.
71 Awardees from 42 countries are featured in various formats throughout #ZeroCon23.
Accessibility at #ZeroCon23
The accessibility of the Zero Project Conference has been a key focus of the Zero Project since it's inception. The Zero Project Conference strives continually to be an example of good practices in terms of conference accessibility. Every year, the Zero Project Team works to improve the features and measures that support the participation of everyone who wishes to attend.
Click here to review the accessiblity measures currently in place for #ZeroCon23:
Broadcast live for the world
Livestreamed for free, #ZeroCon23 features a wide spectrum of formats, from parallel sessions to workshops, keynote presentations, and engaging forum discussions.
Available in an accessible fashion via:
For the first time ever, in 22-23 February, 2023 the Zero Project Conference for Latin America and the Spanish-speaking world happens jointly at the United Nations Office at Vienna with the #ZeroCon23. Through our outstanding partnership with Fundación Descúbreme, two days of Spanish-speaking forums, sessions, and panels are broadcast globally as we welcome a host of Awardees and special ambassadors to make international connections.
Highlights: 3 days, 70+ Awardees, 40+ Countries, 150+ Events
Impact, Innovation, Scalability; the Zero Project Awardees 2023 have it all.
With Zero Project Awardees from 42 countries, #ZeroCon23 delivers global roundtables that touch upon:
- Innovations in mental health
- Projects that provide solutions for persons with psychosocial disabilities
- International standards that are enabling accessible telehealth for all
- The interdisciplinary connections between cybersecurity and persons with disabilities
- Inclusive workshop formats that address the needs of persons with disabilities who have experienced sexual trauma
- And many more contemporary and prescient disability inclusion challenges along with the solutions that address them.
Some of the key topics covered at #ZeroCon23 include:
- Voter & Civic Education
- Assistive Technology
- Early Childhood Intervention
- Self-employment & Micro Finance
- Participation in Public Life
- From Guardianship to Supported Decision Making
- Voting Policies & Procedure
For the first time ever, the Zero Project will introduce two new Conference formats:
- The Zero Project India Forum, fostering closer partnerships with India and welcoming a large multi-sectoral delegation from India, which underlines the disability inclusion ecosystem underway in India.
- The Zero Project Policymaker Forum, which brings together high-level policy makers to not only present outstanding public policies, but to also engage in conversation with each other to learn and cultivate greater policy innovations.
We are honored to welcome an array of speakers including:
Chairman, Board of Trustees, Global UN Partnership for Inclusive Information and Communication Technologies
Founder, The Valuable 500
The first deaf member of the Israeli Knesset
CEO and Founder of Ruh Global Impact