Are official statistics about the education and employment of persons with disabilities published at least every 10 years?
This question refers only to whether such statistics are published or not. And to their quality. It does not refer to what the statistics actually tell us about one state in contrast with another – based on those statistics. That is, it simply asks whether such statistics are collected and, additionally, if so, what is their quality?
Tab Content goes here
Article 29: Participation in political and public life
“States Parties shall guarantee to persons with disabilities political rights and the opportunity to enjoy them on an equal basis with others, and shall undertake:
a) To ensure that persons with disabilities can effectively and fully participate in political and public life on an equal basis with others, directly or through freely chosen representatives, including the right and opportunity for persons with disabilities to vote and be elected, inter alia, by:
- Ensuring that voting procedures, facilities and materials are appropriate, accessible and easy to understand and use;
- Protecting the right of persons with disabilities to vote by secret ballot in elections and public referendums without intimidation, and to stand for elections, to effectively hold office and perform all public functions at all levels of government, facilitating the use of assistive and new technologies where appropriate;
- Guaranteeing the free expression of the will of persons with disabilities as electors and to this end, where necessary, at their request, allowing assistance in voting by a person of their own choice;
b) To promote actively an environment in which persons with disabilities can effectively and fully participate in the conduct of public affairs, without discrimination and on an equal basis with others, and encourage their participation in public affairs, including:
- Participation in non-governmental organizations and associations concerned with the public and political life of the country, and in the activities and administration of political parties;
- Forming and joining organizations of persons with disabilities to represent persons with disabilities at international, national, regional and local levels.”
(UN Convention on the Rights of People with Disabilities)