The Zero Project Youth Delegation
The Zero Project Youth Delegation brings together a broad array of youth with disabilities to experience first hand the Zero Project Conference 2023, learn about amazing new innovations, and showcase their activities intricately tied in with the Conference.
The first ZPYD includes 19 participants from four continents, with a focus on self-advocacy and empowerment, encouraging its members throughout the week to use various media formats to express themselves and in the process capture the global essence of #ZeroCon23.
Full immersion in the #ZeroCon23 experience
The Zero Project Youth Delegation enjoy a variety of events, 1-1 meetings, and workshops throughout the week of #ZeroCon23, including:
- Parliament Day: ZPYD joined the #ZeroCon23 kick-off event, located at the Austrian Parliament Building, where a number of Zero Project Awardees 2023 presented their innovative solutions and technologies to strengthen the political participation of people with disabilities in Austria.
- Lunch and exchange with Philea Network: sharing life stories and furthering the foundations of youth participations in international organizations.
- Self-expression: to underscore the theme of independent living, Shani Dhanda highlighted ways of self-expression, providing a safe space for youth with disabilities to express their hopes and aspirations.
- Social media and pitching: to encourage and learn about how to most successfully utilize technology for self-experience and self advocacy, ZPYD joined a workshop with leading industry experts on media pitching.
- Comedy and disability: to underscore the healing power of language, Red Noses International taught creative writing and performing skills with which persons with disabilities can utilize comedy to tell their stories