Our Zero Project call for practice nominations have been featured in the UN Enable Newsletter, which is prepared by the Secretariat for the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (DSPD/DESA) with input from UN offices, agencies, funds and programmes, as well as from civil society organizations, including organizations of persons with disabilities.
Check out the latest edition – May 2016, which includes important information about:
- 9th session of the Conference of States Parties and CRPD Committee elections
- DESA ORGANIZED SIDE-EVENTS:
- “Disability # inability”: Equality and Human Rights of Persons with Disabilities – Enhancing Coordinated Response
- Forum: Ways Forward Towards a Disability Inclusive and Accessible New Urban Agenda
- Implementation of Global Development and Humanitarian Goals – the Leadership Role of Women with Disabilities
- Universal Access to Information using ICTs for Persons with Disabilities: Digital Empowerment for Inclusive Development
- Developing strong and inclusive institutional frameworks for the CRPD
- NEWS FROM UN HEADQUARTERS
- HABITAT III: Global Network to promote accessible and disability inclusive urban development
- NEWS FROM OTHER UN ENTITIES:
- UNDP New study on disaster, disability, and difference;
- ILO meeting on “Opening pathways into ‘unusual´ employment for persons with disabilities”;
- WIPO – Moving closer towards the 20 signatories for the entry into force of the Marrakesh Treaty
- CALENDAR OF INTERNATIONAL DISABILITY EVENTS
- OTHER NEWS:
- Zero Project 2017: Call for Nominations in Employment Practices ;
- Disabled People’s International and the second MEDD meeting;
- Campaign on the absolute prohibition of commitment and forced treatment;
- New resource portal for disability rights implementation ;
- Malta enacts autism acceptance law;
- The employment experience of women with depression, and much more!
Previous editions of the newsletter can be found at: www.un.org/disabilities.