We have extended our TOPHOUSE Call for Nomination in social housing until 3rd April, 2018!
The Zero Project Team is approaching you with a special request to submit Good Practices: we have joined forces with five leading European organizations in the field of social housing – TOPHOUSE, a project co-financed by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union.
What is TOPHOUSE?
TOPHOUSE is a project that develops and provides specialist tools that can be used to improve the effectiveness, fairness and transparency of assessing and allocating social housing needs. TOPHOUSE also considers the provision of related non-housing support services and has a person-centred approach.
The tools will cover an Individual Support Needs Assessment, a Transparent Allocation System and a Local Housing & Support Network Toolkit. Relevant learnings, outputs, trainings and curriculum, will also be shared among the network members.
What are we looking for and why submitting a Good Practice?
We hope that you will share our enthusiasm in this quest and ask for your support in looking for Good Practices in the field of social housing in Europe, that improve the access to affordable housing schemes for persons with disabilities, homeless people and the elderly.
This Good Practice may work in:
• Assessment of housing needs of persons with disabilities
• Inclusive allocation models of social housing for persons with disabilities
• Support and assistance models in community living and community-based rehabilitation, that include the access to affordable and accessible housing
• Cooperation models with of stakeholders, community developers or local social planners that improve allocation, affordability and accessibility of social housing for persons with disabilities
• Projects or programmes initiated by civil society, governments, the business sector, etc.
The Good Practice should be in line with the UN CRPD and therefore according to human rights standards. They should reflect person-centred approaches and allow for the highest level of user involvement in the design, implementation and evaluation process (co-production).
By submitting your proposal, you will become part of a large European network of decision- and policymakers and will be able to shape the future of social housing.
Additionally, you will get access to knowledge generated by the project and international experts on person-centred approaches in housing and support (H&S) and benefit from the different activities, workshops and learning opportunities. Selected promising practices will be included in the TOPHOUSE report which will be disseminated across Europe.