Other shortlisted practices 2014
High quality usage approach for the access from all to all
“HQU approach takes into account the disabled with regards to the development of the city, so as to improve their autonomy and freedom.”
|Name of Innovative Practice:||La démarche HQU|
|Beneficiaries targeted||Persons with and without disabilities|
|Approach/ model/ solution:||Improved accessibility of all living spaces for disabled people.|
This involves removing obstacles met by users in the city. To integrate all of their specific needs, the HQU approach developed 5 fields (categories) of convenience (Mobility, Perception, Mental, Consideration, Adaptability) which are split further into 12 targeted goals.
HQU the approach is in the concept of “Design for all ” and ” Universal Design “. It attempts to improve communication between professionals and users. It ensures the continuity and escalation chain movement accompanying the citizen in expressing their needs.,The main objective is : equal opportunities for quality of life for everyone
CURRENT SITUATION & OUTLOOK
The project, launched in 2005, has been tested in different sectors of development
- Buildings: housing, government, culture, tertiary, …,
- Planning: roads, public spaces, transport, …,
- multi sensory equipment
The 3 main projects are:
- Diagnosis and analysis of the quality of use of the Louvre museum in Paris.
- Design HQU seat of the Regional Council of Rhône -Alpes region in Lyon. This project received the trophy of accessibility in 2013 (175 Million € – 46.000 m2)
- Design of HQU CIMU (Cité de la Musique) in Paris to get the high quality label use 3 * (170 Million € – 36500 m2).
After this test establishing phase, it is expected to generalize the HQU approach by training professionals and establish a quality label use. The National Association HQU will be created at the end of 2014.
nominated by: Régis HERBIN , CRIDEV