About the Role:
Temporary contract (maternity cover) | Part-time (19,25 hours/week) | Based in Vienna, Austria / Tele-work flexibility.
The Zero Project is looking for an experienced communicator to join the international Vienna-based Team as a Communications Officer. The ideal candidate will support the team in implementing the external communications strategy, with a specific focus on brand management and storytelling. The contract for this position is for a defined period of one year.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Zero Project’s mission, research process, community engagement, and the external communications strategy.
- Take ownership of brand management and development, as well as proactively advise and engage with the other members of the Zero Project Team on brand related topics; including the Zero Project’s local chapters in Austria and Latin America.
- Take ownership of the Zero Project’s storytelling across all channels: PR, social media, print, website etc; ensuring all copywriting, visual storytelling, and narratives are aligned with the Zero Project’s core mission and style guide.
- Further develop brand and storytelling as required and in agreement with the Zero Project’s Director.
- Liaise with the Zero Project’s graphic designer, and other external agencies or partners.
- The Zero Project is committed to the full inclusion of all candidates. We specifically encourage and welcome applications from persons with disabilities and will make all appliable accommodations throughout the application process.
- A background in communications, international relations, marketing, or a related field, supplemented by a minimum of three (3) years of relevant work experience.
- Strategic and operational experience in communications and brand management. A focus on disability inclusion issues is preferred, however, not mandatory.
- Outstanding writing and editing skills, as well as excellent organizational and planning abilities, with a strong drive for impactful results that further our mission–a world with zero barriers.
- Great attention to detail.
- Keen eye for visual design; ideally with experience creating visuals for social media and presentations in line with brand guidelines.
- Being part of something larger than yourself; by joining the Zero Project you join a global family all committed to a world with Zero Barriers.
- International team (working language: English) marked by an open spirit, open doors, and open minds.
- An office centrally located within Vienna within the old stock exchange.
- The ability to work among inspiring neighbors; we sit in the House of Philanthropy in Vienna; a unique co-working space occupied by a plethora of social impact foundations and NGO’s. Be inspired everyday as you enjoy unlimited amounts of coffee!
- The optional ability to temporarily work remotely from anywhere in the world.
The gross salary for this part-time position ranges between €1,300 and €1,600 per month (14 times a year), depending on your experience and qualifications.
How to Apply:
The Zero Project values diversity and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, or ethnic background.
Your application should be written in English and consist of:
- A full curriculum vitae.
- A covering letter (one page) that describes how your profile, skills and experience meet the criteria outlined in the vacancy and how you would like to add to the strategy and vision of the Zero Project.
- And any portfolio items of work you have created and you would like to share with us, in order to highlight your communication skills.
Please send your full application to us via email – firstname.lastname@example.org – using the subject line: “Application: Communications Officer | Your First and Last Name.”
The deadline for receipt of applications is Sunday, June 12 at 23:59 CEST.
We look forward to your application!
Read the original job advertisement at https://www.ngojobs.eu/jobs/zero-project-wien-teilzeit-communications-officer/