Keywords: Bulgaria, Hungary, Austria, professional skills training, job matching, online platform
JAMBA – Career for All
|Name of Organisation||JAMBA – Career For All|
|Type of organisation||International NGO|
|Bulgaria, Hungary, Austria|
|Funding model||JAMBA in Bulgaria managed to transform into a hybrid business model and established a successful social enterprise to complement the NGO within the first three years. This business model we aim to copy in all partner countries, keeping the local NGOs for donations, but simultaneously ensuring regular income from products and services. Our dominant revenue streams are recruitment commissions, membership subscriptions from our Job Board, business trainings, and consultancy services.
Impact and growth
- Within less than 2 years and a half of the launch, we were able to create a beta version of our online accessible job board, to attract more than 2000+ candidates to our database, realize multidisciplinary trainings for more than 590 candidates, and assist in the recruitment of 300+ Bulgarians in 58 partnering organizations and companies and all of them are paid at the average wage or higher.
- 2020: Establishment of a new legal entity in Austria and start of training for Data Annotation skills, Business English, and Soft skills.
- 2019: 590 trained Bulgarians and out of them 300+ employed persons with disabilities. Beta version of the matching job board platform; First international expansion – the official start of JAMBA in Hungary;
- 2018: 260 trained and out of them 148 successfully hired persons with disabilities.
- 2017: 45 trained and out of them 30 employed persons with disabilities.
Our team works with persons with all types and degrees of disabilities. We comply with their accessibility needs and work to ensure them. It is very important for us that the candidate also has the will and desire to develop, because only in this way do we achieve real results. From the beginning of 2020, we mainly provide opportunities for training and work in the IT/AI, ML/sector, which is flexible and offers remote work. This is how we reach people in small settlements, not only in big cities.
- Our team has been actively working in the last 2 years in partnership with other NGOs in Bulgaria and a new measure has been successfully implemented in the law, which provides protection for people with disabilities and at the same time offers flexibility for business in terms of employment.
- Thanks to this legal framework, businesses have started actively looking for candidates with disabilities to hire, and thus the unemployment rate among the group of people with disabilities is decreasing.
THEORY OF CHANGE
We asked projects to outline their impact model (also called Theory of Change) – their main target groups, the key activities they offer these target groups, and what impact they want to achieve:
|Consumers – Persons with Disabilities||The services we offer to them are conducting of fully accessible physical/present or again fully accessible online trainings on topics like: Soft skills – for example writing their CVs and presenting themselves effectively during interviews,successful integration into the work environment, work ethic and others; Business English courses, because for most employers excellent English is a compulsory skill at the moment. Professional training for IT and programming, data annotation, graphic design, social media marketing, accounting,etc. In this way, we invest in capacity building in candidates, prepare them, and sometimes even help them find internships in advance, in which to gain experience if they have never worked before, and thus they become competitive in the labor market. We then help them personally find work by connecting them with employers or they themselves use our inclusive job-board platform through which they can apply for a job.||The change and impact we want to achieve among people with disabilities is to help increase their qualifications and skills so that they can get an equal chance for a professional start and career development. In this way, they will be economically and socially active and will be able to really integrate into society. That way, we will also motivate a large number of people with disabilities who have lost faith that they can realize themselves, look for new opportunities and feel complete.||Number of conducted trainings and successfully trained students; Number of successfully employed people with disabilities for a minimum of 6months or more;|
|Clients – Companies||The services we offer to them are: Conducting theoretical and practical trainings, in which trainers with disabilities also participate. Trainings include topics on Diversity & Inclusion,accessible work environment, successful integration in the workplace and in the team and others; Consulting companies to provide an accessible work environment and inclusive design. Recruitment services in which JAMBA works as a labor intermediary/ HR company and assists in the whole recruitment process – from obtaining an application for a certain job, through scouting for talents,conducting accessible interviews, assistance in starting work and successful integration at the workplace. Opportunity for the company to register in JAMBA’s accessible online job-board platform, in which companies can contact suitable and eligible candidates.||The change and impact we want to achieve in business is a change in attitudes among companies, breaking stereotypes and prejudices that people with disabilities cannot be successfully integrated into the labor market. Our goal is for the business to become more and more committed to the topic of Diversity & Inclusion in the workplace, to start actively looking for and hiring long-term candidates with disabilities and to pay them fairly for the work done with at least a minimum wage or higher and a full package of social benefits. In this way, the huge need and lack of sufficient staff and staff turnover can be filled, harnessing this huge amount of unused human capital with great potential.||Number of companies with which the organization partners and works; Number of job postings received; Number of successfully filled job positions.|