Keywords: Tanzania, self-employment, (online) training, deaf women
|Name of Organisation||Furaha Ya Wanawake Wajasiriamali Kwa Viziwi Tanzania (FUWAVITA)|
|Type of organisation||NGO|
|Funding model||$50,0000 a year – Fundraising (individual/ corporate/ foundations)|
Impact and growth
Empower women with disabilities through economic generation has helped them to hire themselves hence reducing their job challenge. The project also helped women with disabilities to improve their living standard now they can afford to pay tuition fees for their children and get basic human needs like shelter and food than before.
- In total ,500 women with disabilities have been supported to become entrepreneurs through our empowerment program.
- We educate the society about Inclusive awareness through social media page.
- We joined our hands with the world to fight against covid -19 by designing special masks for deaf women.
This project is very necessary needed because mostly of the disabled families live in a very poor condition in Tanzania. Therefore empowering women with disabilities through economic generation will enable them to earn money for a living.
Women with disabilities, especially those who are deaf and living in rural areas.
The project has been influencing Tanzanian government to support PWDs under Presidential Trust Fund by giving women with disabilities soft loan to expand their small business after the economic generation training. It has also influenced a disability awareness to the society and hence respect women with disability and stop discriminate them because they are now a productive and contribute development starting at family level ,society and national level.
THEORY OF CHANGE
We asked projects to outline their impact model (also called Theory of Change) – their main target groups, the key activities they offer these target groups, and what impact they want to achieve:
|Direct beneficiaries of the project are disadvantaged young deaf women 6 to 35 that include unemployed high school graduates, current students at training colleges, and universities, and unemployed School drop-outs from the poorer urban Centres and outlying rural areas around Dar es salaam and Kilimanjaro. Over a three-year period we plan to reach approximately 900 direct beneficiaries. This would include about 300 beneficiaries during the first year of trainings and approximately 600 during the second year of trainings.||1. Build and maintain web portal that allows youth to access content digitally|
2. Establish and equip learning centres in Dar es Salaam and Kilimanjaro
3. Training sessions on employability & entrepreneurial training for Deaf women
|– These projects will remove the negative attitude towards people with disabilities to give opportunity to them so that they are prove to the world that they can do it.|
– To increase and to create self-employment among people with disability so that they can depend on themselves with minimal assistance.
– To improve the ICT and business management knowledge among people with disabilities.
|1. Number of young deaf women that start their own business using the FUWAVITA training program|
2. Number of young Deaf women linked to business and credit providers.
3. Number of young deaf women engaged involuntary/community services activities.
4. Number of programme related and participant feeling of inclusion post event
5. Impact of the trainings on knowledge of entrepreneurship & self-efficacy for Deaf women.