Zero Project partner Disability Rights Promotion International (DRPI), together with their co-sponsors the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA) and York University (Canada), organizes a side event on “Holistic participatory disability rights monitoring methodology: a pathway towards effective reporting strategies”, held during the CRPD 14th Session (17 August- 4 September 2015) in Palais Wilson, Geneva, from 1:15pm to 2:45pm.
The event will focus on DRPI’s participatory methodology for monitoring disability rights, including:
1. Holistic and participatory monitoring leading to progressive realization;
2. Mainstreaming disability in the SDGs and post 2015 agenda;
3. Effective Reporting Strategies and mechanisms for national reports.
Among the speakers are:
- Marcia Rioux, Distinguished Research Professor, School of Health Policy and Management, Faculty of Health, York University; Canada, Co-Director (with Bengt Lindqvist) of DRPI
- Jose Viera, Latin America Regional Officer, DRPI, Argentina
- Rajive Raturi, Asia-Pacific Regional Officer, DRPI, India
- Radoš Keravica, Europe Regional Officer, DRPI, Serbia
Find out more about DRPI at: www.drpi.research.yorku.ca