The Inclusive Education Task Group of the International Disability and Development Consortium, along with the Permanent Missions of Australia, Austria and Ethiopia invite you to attend the official launch of IDDC’s Equitable Financing for Disability-Inclusive Education research, #CostingEquity.
The event will bring together ministers of education and finance; UN agency representatives; development aid providers in education; bilateral/multilateral agencies; private donors; civil society; and representatives of disabled person’s organisations from around the world
Opening remarks by H.E. Mr. Jan Kickert (Permanent Representative of Austria to the UN, tbc)
- Nafisa Baboo (IDDC Co-Chair)
- Helen Pinnock (Researcher)
- Patrick Montjourides (UNESCO Institute for Statistics)
- Gordon Brown, UN Special Envoy for Global Education (video message)
- Betty Najjemba (Ugandan National Association for the Deaf)
- Education Commission
- Julia Gillard (Global Partnership for Education, tbc)
- Aaron Benavot (Director of the GEM Report, tbc)
- Ola Abu Algghaib (LCD)
Moderator: Gopal Mitra (UNICEF)
The IDDC #CostingEquity report and this event will contribute to the growing discussion on finance for education generated by the Global Campaign for Education theme “Fund the future” and by the International Commission on Financing Global Education Opportunity report “Explore the Learning Generation” – by providing the disability-inclusive education perspective.
Ensuring no one is left behind in education necessitates targeted financing policies and action for learners with disabilities.
Contact: Nafisa Baboo, Senior Advisor Inclusive Education, Light for the World: email@example.com
Download the report here